ProgressNow seeks an experienced fundraiser to help the organization while they search for a full-time Development Director. The consultant/fundraiser will assist the organization in the development of a strategy and plan for fundraising as well as the cultivation of major donors.
We are the communications & digital nerve center for the progressive movement. Our state hubs deliver electoral & policy victories. As core infrastructure, we move millions of voters across our state network through data-driven best practices, organic & paid digital content, and decades of expertise. Our 26 affiliates serve as a marketing shop for the progressive community. Behind the scenes, we facilitate communications and digital tables that align and coordinate the community behind a shared message and strategy. From staffing issue coalitions, developing message and communications calendars, and training and pitching spokespeople to developing digital content for partners and coordinating digital ad buys to maximize impact, we organize the progressive community’s communications for maximum impact.
Scope of Work
- Review ProgressNow’s current fundraising program and systems/processes and recommend changes or improvements.
- Work with ProgressNow staff to develop a fundraising plan that can be implemented with existing staff with you as a consultant, as well as the ability to hand off should ProgressNow hire a Development Director.
- Assist ProgressNow as they shape the role of Development Director and possibly assess potential candidates.
- Assist with major individual donor prospecting and setting up meetings.
- Assist ProgressNow staff with tailored pitches and fundraising materials for donor meetings, and ensure appropriate follow up.
- History of working with organizations in the progressive movement.
- Understanding of the donor landscape and good donor targets for ProgressNow.
- Experience preparing leaders up for donor pitches and quality follow-up.
- Experience with major donor cultivation and stewardship
Requirements: Please send all proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Fundraising Proposal
- Cover letter of interest – please include the following:
- Why you want to work with ProgressNow
- Why you are a good fit for ProgressNow
- Proposal, work plan/timeline, and budget/pricing structure.
- References of organizations similar to ProgressNow
ProgressNow will accept proposals and will conduct interviews on a rolling basis as soon as proposals are submitted.
- Proposal submission
- Initial Interviews with ProgressNow staff
- Reference checks
- Follow up questions/final interview if necessary